Aha! is now integrated with Atlassian HipChat to keep the entire team aligned and informed on product decisions in real-time. HipChat provides a group chat platform for agile teams, making it easy to keep distributed teams in sync and productive through real-time sharing of information. You can now automatically send all product planning and roadmapping activity from Aha! to HipChat through this integration.
The integration will send the same information that you see in your Aha! activity stream to HipChat. For example, the following types of information will be streamed from Aha! to HipChat in real-time.
- Comments on product vision and strategy
- New ideas submitted for consideration
- Updates to features and requirements
- Changes to release dates and milestones
This integration is a great way to keep your cross-functional team (that might not be part of the product team and in Aha!) notified of key decisions and events. It can give the entire team visibility into what’s happening behind the scenes as you set product strategy and create and update your roadmap.
Configure the integration under Account settings in Aha! You can choose to create one or many integrations at the account or product level. If you create it at the account level, it will send the activity stream for every product. You can maintain greater control if you set it up by product. It’s up to you.
You need to be an admin in your Aha! account to create an integration at the account level (see screenshot below) and only a product owner to create one at the product level.
Please be aware though that sending activity out of Aha! and into HipChat (or any third party system) bypasses the security controls in Aha! Anyone who has access to your HipChat channel will be able to see the activity, regardless of whether they have access to that information in Aha!
You need an Aha! account and a HipChat account to create this integration. Configure the integration in HipChat first.
Configure room in HipChat
- In HipChat, go to the administration web interface. On the Rooms screen choose the room you want Aha! activity to be sent to.
- Go to the Tokens sub-menu.
- Create a new token and name it Aha.
- Copy the value of the new token, you will need this in the Aha! configuration below.
Create the integration in Aha!
- Enter the token from step 4 above into the Auth token field.
- Enter the name of the room from step 1 into the Room name field. You must enter the room name exactly as it appears in HipChat.
- Click the Test connection button. After a short delay you should see a message appear in your HipChat client in the room you selected.
- Enable the integration
To help you troubleshoot an error, we also give you direct access to the detailed integration logs on the configuration screen.
Get started in minutes
If you are a product manager looking to get mojo back, you may want to sign up for a free 30 day trial of Aha! now to set your product strategy, create a visual roadmap, and work with engineering to build lasting product greatness.
All product and company names herein are trademarks of their respective owners.