This blog refers to a previous version of our Trello integration. Read about the latest enhancements here.
You can now integrate Aha! directly with Trello. This builds on our broad existing set of integrations and our ability to import cards from Trello into Aha! This two-way integration is important for product management teams that have outgrown Trello for their planning but still want to work with engineering teams that are using it for their development work.
The benefit of this integration is that you can use the power of Aha! for setting your product strategy, creating visual roadmaps, capturing ideas, and articulating features. And you can easily share your plans with the developers who you depend on to build software that matters.
This bi-directional integration makes it easy to:
1. Plan in Aha!
2. Automatically move your releases and features to Trello with the click of a button
3. Be auto-updated in Aha! as engineers make progress and move a feature from one list to another
You first need a Trello and Aha! account and you need to be a Product Owner in Aha! Get started today and take advantage of the following capabilities.
From Aha! to Trello
- One Aha! product is associated with one Trello board.
- Individual features can be sent to Trello using the Send to Trello item in the Actions menu on the features page.
- All features in a release (that have not already been implemented or sent to Trello previously) can be sent to Trello using the Send to Trello item in the Actions menu on the release page.
- When a feature is copied to Trello one card will be created for the feature. If the feature has requirements then each requirement will become a checklist item on the feature card. The requirement description will be concatenated with the name – so Trello does not work well with long requirement descriptions.
- Only the description of a feature or requirement is sent. No tasks or comments are included.
- Attachments of a feature or requirement are also sent.
- The due date of the card will be set to the release date of the release the feature belongs to.
- After a feature is first sent to Trello, changes to the name, description and requirements, can also be sent to Trello using the Update Trello item in the Actions menu on the features page or by sending all features in a release to Trello again. New requirements will also be created in Trello, however checklist items that were created for an existing requirement are not deleted from Trello if the requirement is deleted from Aha!. If an attachment is deleted in Aha! the corresponding attachment in Trello is not deleted.
From Trello to Aha!
- When a card is moved from one list to another in Trello the status of the feature in Aha! is updated.
Aha! now allows all product managers to plan and set their roadmaps in Aha! and integrate directly with Trello.