Do you need an easier way to create product strategy and visual roadmaps and clearly articulate features for the engineers to develop? If yes, we just made that a lot easier through an integration with Atlassian Bitbucket. While Bitbucket is a great place to share code with your colleagues and manage the development process — Aha! is the best way to create brilliant product roadmaps. And together they are even better.
This integration allows you to push your completed features and requirements in Aha! into Bitbucket Issues. Bitbucket is is a free code DVCS hosting site for Git and Mercurial and is growing in popularity, so this integration was increasingly being requested and was an obvious addition.
When you have completed your product roadmap and feature planning in Aha! you can move features into Bitbucket Issues for the engineering team to work on. You can send them individually or in bulk for a sprint or release.
This makes it easy for product management to set brilliant product strategy and share visual roadmaps while engineering can continue to work in Bitbucket Issues.
The following are the key features of the integration:
- Individual features can be sent to Bitbucket using the Send to Bitbucket Issues item in the Actions menu on the features page.
- All features in a release (that have not already been implemented or sent to Bitbucket previously) can be sent to Bitbucket using the Send to Bitbucket Issues item in the Actions menu on the release page.
- When a feature is copied to Bitbucket one issue will be created for the feature. If the feature has requirements then each requirement will also be sent as an issue.
- Only the description of a feature or requirement is sent. No tasks or comments are included.
- Attachments of a feature or requirement are also sent.
- Aha! releases will be created as milestones in Bitbucket.
- When a feature is sent to Bitbucket, its status in Aha! is automatically changed to Ready to develop.
- After a feature is first sent to Bitbucket, changes to the name, description and requirements, can also be sent to Bitbucket using the Update Bitbucket item in the Actions menu on the features page or by sending all features in a release to Bitbucket again. New requirements will also be created in Bitbucket, however issues that were created for an existing requirement are not deleted from Bitbucket if the requirement is deleted from Aha! If an attachment is deleted in Aha! the corresponding attachment in Bitbucket is not deleted.
You need to be a Product Owner in Aha! to set up this integration. Sign up for a free Aha! trial account if you do not have one. Set up the integration under Account settings in Aha!
Please carefully follow these instructions to ensure that the integration is properly configured.
Create the integration in Aha!
- Click on the Create integration button below.
- Enter your Bitbucket username and password. Click the Test connection button
- After a short delay, you will be able to choose the repository the issues will be created in.
- Enable the integration.
- Test the integration by going to one of your features in Aha! and using the Send to Bitbucket Issues item in the Actions menu on the features page. You should then look at your repository in Bitbucket and see that the feature (and any requirements) were properly copied to issues.