We continue to roll out integrations to ensure that product and engineering teams can easily work together. Today, we are excited to announce our latest integration with Bugzilla. This integration allows you to push your completed features and requirements in Aha! into Bugzilla so that engineering teams can continue to do their work.
Complete your feature planning in Aha! and then move your features into Bugzilla individually or in bulk for a sprint or release.
This integration makes it easy for product managers to set brilliant product strategy and share visual roadmaps while engineering can continue to work in Bugzilla to build what matters.
At Aha! we make it beautifully easy to manage all your products in one place. Integrations with defect tracking systems like Bugzilla allow developers and product teams to keep track of outstanding bugs in their product effectively. It makes testing easy and helps increase the productivity of QA teams.
- One Aha! product is associated with one product and component in Bugzilla.
- Requirements are sent to Bugzilla together with the feature.
- The name, description and attachments of features and requirements are sent.
- Any other fields that are marked as mandatory in Bugzilla will be automatically populated with the last option for the field.
- Bugs created from a requirement will block the bug created from the feature.
Send from Aha! to Bugzilla
A feature can be sent to Bugzilla using the Send to Bugzilla item in the Actions menu on the features page.
Feature and requirements are populated in Bugzilla
Sending a feature to Bugzilla will also send the name, description, and all attachments that were included in the feature.
You need to be Product Owner in Aha! to set up this integration.
To configure this integration you need an API key from Bugzilla.
- Go to Preferences and then choose the API Keys tab.
- Create a new API key or use an existing one. Be aware that the integration will only have the permissions of the user that created the API key.
Next create the integration in Aha!
- Enter the URL of your Bugzilla installation.
- Enter the API key you created in Bugzilla.
- Click the Test connection button.
- On success, you should be able to choose a product and a component from Bugzilla.
- Enable the integration and test it by going to one of your features in Aha! and using the Send to Bugzilla item in the Actions menu.
- The feature should appear as a bug in Bugzilla and the requirements should appear as bugs that block the first bug.
What do you think? Let us know on Hacker News.
Signup for a free Aha! trial — be happy
This integration is available to all Aha! customers. If you are not already an Aha! customer, you may want to sign up for a free 30 day trial of Aha! now to see why over 10,000 users trust Aha! to set product strategy, create visual roadmaps, and prioritize releases and features.