Update: We recently launched our most powerful Rally integration ever. Learn more about it here.
Aha! now provides support for Rally customers who want to create brilliant product strategy and visual roadmaps. We are thrilled to announce this integration. This builds on our broad set of integrations with great tools including Atlassian JIRA, Microsoft Visual Studio TFS Online, Pivotal Tracker, GitHub, Zendesk, and Trello.
This new integration keeps product management and engineering teams in sync. Now, Rally software customers can take advantage of everything Aha! has to offer for product management teams while the engineering team remains in their tool of choice.
How it works
Do your planning in Aha! and then move your releases, features, and requirements into Rally with no hassle. This integration allows you to push records from Aha! to Rally online. When you have completed your product roadmap and feature planning in Aha! you can move releases and features into Rally for the engineering team to work on. You can send them individually or in bulk.
One Aha! integration is associated with one Rally project. The integration supports configuring multiple integrations with different workspaces. A feature or release can be sent to the Rally server using the Send to Rally item in the Action menu.
The integration supports sending the following items: name, description, tags, attachments, feature start date and due date. And the integration is flexible enough to fit your preferred workflow. The advanced mapping options for Features and Requirements include the following Rally portfolio items:
- Feature -> User Story, Requirement -> User Story
- Feature -> Feature, Requirement -> User Story
- Feature -> Initiative, Requirement -> Feature
It is really simple to set up the configuration and get started with it. Here is what you need to do:
- Navigate to Settings -> Product -> Add new integration.
- Select Rally from the list of integration options.
- Enter your Rally username and password.
- Click the Test connection button.
- On success, you should be able to choose a workspace. Select Test Connection after selecting a workspace to retrieve a list of projects for that workspace.
- Once this second Test Connection completes successfully, select one of your Rally projects that this Aha! product should integrate with.
- Specify the feature and requirement type mapping.
- If you have required fields defined in Rally, specify default values for those Rally fields for both features and requirements in Aha!
- Enable the integration.
- Test the integration by going to one of your features in Aha! and using the Send to Rally item in the Actions menu on the features page.
- You should then look at your project in Rally and see that the feature (and any requirements) were properly converted to user stories.
We are thrilled to have worked with Rally on this integration and continue to expand the ecosystem of development oriented tools that Aha! integrates with. Visit our Integrations page to see all of the great tools that we work well with.
Signup for a free Aha! trial — be happy
This integration is available to all Aha! customers. If you are not already an Aha! customer, you may want to sign up for a free 30 day trial of Aha! now to see why over 10,000 users trust Aha! to set product strategy, create visual roadmaps, and prioritize releases and features.